2008年12月4日 星期四

Met with TA

This was my first time to surf on SL where was the interesting place to visit around the world where avatar ourselves to different character. I met my members at the Princeton University. At that time my outfit looked good but i don't know why my hair was missing and my costume backed to original clothing too. After that we went to Reuters where our meeting place with TA. On the way to the Reuters, I got lost because I was strange to the tool. Eventually Carol led me to our meeting place and I don’t know how to sit. The process of our meeting, sometimes we made grammar error, error correction and used abbreviations such as btw, ur and so on. We had to interact with each other quickly and no time to construct the sentence carefully as messengers so I did many errors in our chatting. Because I wasn’t accustomed to chat my friend with English before, i was unfamiliar to computer usage and symbols too. We tried to teach each other how to change the clothes but we definitely don't know how to use it. Actually i forgot to take the picture. SL is a place where met with diferent people from different country, exchange knowledge with each other.

1 則留言:

M.Y. 提到...

Iris,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences, but I wish you had attended the class that I demonstrated the SL environments (e.g., modifying appearance, controling the camera, walking, flying, and teleporting, chat and im, using the inventory, touching and buying things, searching for places--Reuters and PU--, taking pictures, etc). On this blog, I have also posted how to set preferences (e.g., language, audio-video), save transcripts, and take pictures. I also encourage you to use English to solve the problems. For example, you can ask questions in the orientation island. There are many helpers and volunteers who are much more skillful than me. If you have learned how to use some new tools, please share with us in your blog.